Information we collect
Personal Information. We may collect and store any information that you choose to enter through myTouchTunes. This includes personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, zip code, date of birth, and profile information (e.g., music preferences, education, hobbies, and occupation), and other information (personal and non-personal) about you that you may submit through myTouchTunes, including through any content that you provide, playlists you create, and music that you play. We require that you provide some personal information in order to register and participate in certain features we offer, including to create an account.
If you purchase products or services from us, we may collect information necessary to process your payment, such as your credit card or bank account number, and we will provide this information to our payment processing vendor. We do not intentionally retain payment information after we fulfill your order. However, if you make your purchase through a mobile device, your payment information may be stored locally on the device as a convenience to you, and it may be possible for a person who gains access to your mobile device to retrieve that information. If you choose, you can request that we cause your mobile session to expire immediately; if you do so, our mobile application will require entry of a valid username and password before the application can be used again.
In some cases, we may combine this information with personal information we have collected about you from other sources.
Automatic Information. We may automatically collect some information about your hardware devices (i.e., your computer or mobile device) when you access myTouchTunes. For example, when you visit the web site, we may collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Internet Explorer), and referring web site. Similarly, when you use the mobile application, we may collect information about the type of mobile device you use and your geographic location. We also may collect information about your activity on myTouchTunes, such as information about your account usage, as well as information about how you interact with the online, mobile and jukebox platforms of myTouchTunes. We may combine this automatically-gathered information with other information, including personal information we have collected about you.
Persistent Tracking. When you use myTouchTunes, we may use technologies that will allow our service to remember who you are or to record information about your use of the service - for example, which songs you like - between sessions. We also may track other information using these technologies; for example, if you arrived at myTouchTunes.com via a link from third-party site, we may include the URL of the linking page in a cookie that we store on your computer. We may combine the information we collect through tracking technologies with other information, including personal information we have collected about you.
How we use this information
We may use the information we collect about you in certain ways in connection with our business. These uses include:
- Providing you with the products and services you request;
- Managing your account, including sending you information related to your account, profile, and myTouchTunes membership;
- Responding to your questions and comments;
- Providing you with information, including advertising, about selected products and services offered by TouchTunes or others that may be of interest to you, including recommendations about music and events;
- Facilitating communications between you, your friends, and other myTouchTunes users;
- Soliciting information and feedback from you, including through surveys and questionnaires;
- Performing business analysis or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, myTouchTunes, and the products and services we offer; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
With whom we share this information
We may share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances, including:
- With our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to transmit communications or advertising, or assist with the transactions you initiate), although we require that these third parties limit their use of your personal information to providing the service for which the information was shared;
- To affiliates within the TouchTunes family;
- To selected third parties for direct marketing purposes, although you may choose upfront and at no cost that we not share your personal information with these third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and you may also opt out from such sharing at any time afterward at no cost by following the procedures set forth below in "How you can change your sharing preferences.";
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale;
- In aggregated or another non-personally identifiable form to third parties for various business purposes, including business analysis and advertising; and
- Otherwise pursuant to your consent.
How you can access and update your information
You can access and update the personal information you have provided on myTouchTunes by visiting the myAccount page on myTouchTunes.com.
How you can change your sharing preferences
You can opt out of further sharing of your personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes at any time, at no cost, by emailing TouchTunes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your information
We have implemented procedures to help protect the personal information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information from our database.
A special word about your profile and other public forums
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in public forums, that information can be collected and used by others. This includes any information in your personal profile, such as information about your location, which you choose to make publicly available. For this reason, we encourage users not to post any sensitive information, including personal information, in any public forums, including in areas of their profile that can be viewed by others.
How you can contact us
Last Updated: June 10, 2010